Working Together: Holistic and Traditional Combinations That Work

Working Together: Holistic and Traditional Combinations That Work

When To Go To Your Family Doctor And When You Should See A Specialist

Denise Moore

You have your family doctor to help you stay healthy and to go to when you aren't healthy. Sometimes, it can be hard to know when it is your family doctor you should go to, or whether you should go to another practitioner. If you have a health problem in general, then the normal course of action to take will be to go to your own doctor, tell them what the issues are that you are having and then have them refer you to a specialist if they feel this is the best course of action for you to take. Or, it may be that they are perfectly capable of diagnosing and treating the condition on their own. Here are some of the times you may want to make an appointment with someone other than your family doctor:

You are having problems with your vision

If you are noticing that you are having a harder time seeing things far away or closer up, you are having blurred vision, you are having a worse time seeing at night or you are seeing flashes, then you should just go in to the optometrist. In fact, if you are seeing white flashes, then you should really get in to the optometrist right away, this can be a sign that your retina is detaching, and this must be dealt with immediately to increase the chances of your sight being saved. Also, if you injure your eye, you should see an optometrist.

You are having problems with your feet

If you are having pains on the bottom of your feet, like the pains often associated with plantar fasciitis, then a podiatrist can help. If you have corns, bunions, cracked feet, a broken toe, unexplained foot pain or anything else to do with your ankles, feet or toes, then a podiatrist will be the doctor who specializes in these things and can take good care of you through the issues you are dealing with.

You are having skin problems

If you are having skin problems that may be serious, then you should see your family doctor first to rule out allergic reactions or certain illnesses that can cause rashes. However, if you have other skin issues, such as severe acne, dry skin, eczema, rosacea or anything else like this, then you may want to also see a dermatologist. They are the ones who specialize in skin problems and will be up to date on all the latest technology regarding how to treat certain issues.

You are pregnant

If you are pregnant, you may still be able to see your family doctor through the pregnancy, or you may want to switch to an OBGYN who spends all day helping pregnant woman through their pregnancy and through the birth of the baby. When you go to an OBGYN you get the benefit of meeting other new mothers in the waiting room, reading tons of magazines and pamphlets for mothers-to-be and take advantage of any extras the OBGYN has to offer their new mothers.

Anytime you are worried about anything at all, you can always feel free to start with your family doctor. They can always give you their advice and treat you, or they can determine that you should be seen by someone else and refer you to them. To learn more, contact a center like Snow Creek Medical Center.


2020© Working Together: Holistic and Traditional Combinations That Work
About Me
Working Together: Holistic and Traditional Combinations That Work

I am one of those people who hates going to the doctor. In the past, I have relied on everything from cranberry juice to apple cider vinegar to fix my ails. As I get older though, I find that I need to rely more on traditional medicine than I did in the past. What I found out from my doctor is that I did not have to give up the holistic medicines I used. I could combine them. This blog is designed to help others focus on how to combing holistic treatments with traditional medicine in a safe and fun way.